Saturday, January 16, 2010

I'm currently a vet tech but I want to work for animal control..how do I do it?

What classes or tests do I have to take to work for animal control. I have no idea where to start. Please someone who knows about this help me out.


ThanksI'm currently a vet tech but I want to work for animal control..how do I do it?
Each city/ county has their own requirments for their ACO's.





You will have to be certified in Euthanasia.





One bit of advice that I can give you is, always try and make situations better for people and their pets. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.





People are more likely to trust you in a neighborhood when investigating if you have helped them or a friend in the past.





It's a tough, thankless job...I'm not going to lie :)I'm currently a vet tech but I want to work for animal control..how do I do it?
Every county has their own requirements. Some give preference to law enforcement officers, and some prefer those who have studied animal sciences . Most give volunteers the first choice for related.jobs.


this is typical for a large city%26gt; http://personline.lacity.org/job_list/in鈥?/a>





However, you would just need to call the director at your local agency to find out what they require.

No comments:

Post a Comment