Saturday, January 16, 2010

Having problems with my Vista! I cant get control panel to open-Any1 know the answer or a free tech support?

it only flashes for a second then ';refreshes'; the desktop. ive tried going the round about ways (thru my computer etc) and ive looked in the recycle bin. there is no way it was deleted cause everything deleted is still in the recycle bin cause the comp is only a week old. PLEASE help me fix this problem. OR if you know a FREE TECH SUPPORT for this that would be great!Having problems with my Vista! I cant get control panel to open-Any1 know the answer or a free tech support?
I'm willing to bet your 'Welcome Center' also doesn't work sometimes. Not to worry... seems to be a common occurrence. Everyone blames NVIDIA chipsets, but I have Intel onboard video. I also have Nero, which might play a part as other people had problems uninstalling Nero. I haven't uninstalled Nero as I like it.





Anyhow... Microsoft hasn't come out with a hotfix as of yet. So, you'll have to wait it out. I subscribed to the Windows forum and haven't read any news as of yet.





I don't know the answer to this irritating problem, but there is a temporary work-around:





1) Put Vista's 'Run' button into the menu:


A. Right click on the Start button, and click 'Properties'.


B. On the 'Start Menu' tab, click 'Customize...'.


C. Scroll down the list and check off the 'Run Command'(3/4 down the list), then click on 'Okay' at the bottom.





2) Click on the Window's start icon again, you should then see 'Run...' on the bottom right start menu.





3) Click on 'Run...'


A.Type in: services.msc


B. Click 'Okay' at the bottom


C. Okay the prompt to continue, if applicable


D. Scroll down the list until you find 'Software Licensing'(about 3/4 down the list).


E. Right mouse click on 'Software Licensing' and click on 'Restart'. Select 'Yes' to confirm.





Close related windows and you'll now have access to the 'Control Panel'.





I hope that helps. I also hope that I haven't forgotten anything to make the instructions clearer than what they could be.Having problems with my Vista! I cant get control panel to open-Any1 know the answer or a free tech support?
I appreciate the gesture, thank you. I hope all goes well in the world of computers and other things. I wish my problem would fix itself, I still have to do that procedure with no help from Microsoft. ;p

Report Abuse



microsoft sucksss...just wanted to let it out in the open:)
ignore that first guy. i dont know exactually how to do it but if no one else doesnt eaither just try a system restore which is on most computers and reset it back like a day or two and try it like that. should be under system tools.





or try a search like go to start-search and type in control panel





umm... or try to search for the answer on microsoft site.





if none of that helps as a tech person.
If you are running Vista, then your PC is relatively new. A new PC will have free technical support under the warranty. A standard warranty is 6 months to one year, unless you bought an extended warranty.





Call the manufacturer.
lol Vista will have problems and glitches for the next year or two until they get enough complaints and problems to put out a service pak debugger. *shrug* just report it to MS and wait until the service pak comes out....come on now, MS has been around long enough to know their song and dance. That's why you always wait to purchase a MS operationg system after about a year of it being out on the market. .

No comments:

Post a Comment